Got a Question? FAQs on Cosmic ERP
Cosmic ERP recognize the importance of transparency and have provided our customers and prospective customers with facts relating to all the supporters of our Cosmic ERP solutions. Whether it is deployment, configuration or about costs and services, we always ensure our customers have complete clarity and all the details at their disposal to aid them in making informed decisions.
Cosmic ERP one of the best ERP solutions providers in Qatar, we believe in building relationships based on trust, mutual respect and complete understanding of each other’s capabilities.
These are following FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions), we have endeavored to answer all queries related to ERP and CRM software in detail.
Cosmic ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software integrates all departments and functions across a company into a single computer system that serves each department’s unique needs. Building a unified software program that serves the needs of employees in multiple departments such as finance, human resources and warehouse is a challenging task. Usually, each of these departments have its own processes and computer systems optimized for its unique operations. An ERP solution combines them all into a single, standardized platform that runs on a centralized database so that different departments could share data and communicate with ease and efficiency. This integrated approach provides critical information in real time, which helps businesses maximize productivity and increase profitability.
What usually happens when a customer places an order is the order begins as a paper-based process, the document being passed by hand from one department to another. Such passive sitting at the workstations prevents employees from completing the orders and, in addition, causes mistakes and repetition. At any given point, nobody in the enterprise knows the status of the order. The finance department is unable to access the warehouse’s computer to find out if an order has been shipped and whether the delivery is fulfilled. Customers hear the frustrating response please call the warehouse when they attempt to connect to the internet to see the delivery’s status.
An ERP solution eliminates the need for old standalone computer systems in all departments and replaces them with a single unified software divided into modules that operate in the place of old standalone systems.
Departments such as Finance, Manufacturing and the Warehouse would still have their own software, except for the fact that the said software would be completely integrated with other departments. In other words, any department would be in a position to check the status of orders and would be up to date regarding relevant information.
ERP software allows traceability of an order from the point it is entered to the point it is shipped, by anyone from any department, therefore, enhancing customer service. Cosmic ERP provides both as a complete pack as well as individual modules. For example, clients could acquire only an ERP finance or HR module and leave the rest of the modules for when they scale up.
ERP software improves the way companies take orders, create products, ship merchandise, and bill customers for services. An ERP system is also known as a back-office software, in that it guides processes out of the way of the business, allowing the client to take an order and be fulfilled with minimal manual work. When a customer service representative enters an order into the ERP system, he/she has all the information necessary to complete the order, such as the customer’s credit rating and order history from the finance module, the company’s inventory levels from the warehouse module and the shipping dock’s trucking schedule from the logistics module. Users in these different departments could also view the same information and update it as necessary. When the order is processed in one department, it is automatically routed via the ERP system to the next department. To find out where the order is at any given point, users simply need to log into the ERP system and track it. The order process moves through the organization in an organized way and customers get their orders faster. An ERP software applies this same process to the other major business processes as well, such as managing employee benefits in HR, generating financial reports and customer’s credit rating in finance and monitoring product inventory levels at the warehouse. In other words, it would help you make decisions by answering questions such as: Did the customer pay for the last order yet? Could the new order be shipped on time? And so on.
An ERP deployment project depends on the number of modules to be implemented and requirements to be fulfilled. ERP implementations typically get delayed due to failure in understanding two factors, “Must have” and “Nice to have” aspects. Companies that aim to deploy an ERP software often struggle between identifying and prioritizing the “Must have” and “Nice to have” aspects. Implementation time is reduced if a company is decisive in what they want implemented.
Cosmic ERP has been successful in implementing an application within days with the help of proven best practices, clarity in requirements and expert teams.
Yes. Cosmic ERP has been successful in integrating third-party applications as well as through customer-specific business interfaces. It is a fact that the integration needs are not uniform because the software and architecture of each product are different.
Cosmic ERP performs in-depth business process study of the application to be integrated and designs the connectors that enable the flow of data. We have technical know-how and expertise to handle simple to complex integrations.
- Integrate financial information: As the CEO tries to understand the company’s overall performance, he/she may need to look at reports from various departments to get the true picture, and the information may vary from each department, giving conflicting results. Finance has its own set of revenue numbers, Sales have their own version; different business units may each have their own versions of how much they contributed to revenue. Cosmic ERP creates a single version of actual data from each department that cannot be questioned because everyone is using the same system.
- Integrate customer order information: An ERP system tracks customer orders from start to end, right from the time a customer service representative receives the order, to the loading dock from where the merchandise is shipped, covering financial transactions and invoices as well. By having access to this critical information in a single software, companies could track orders more easily and manage manufacturing, inventory and shipping operations across different locations simultaneously.
- Standardize and speed up manufacturing processes: — ERP systems are equipped with standard features to automate manufacturing processes. Standardizing these processes and using a single, integrated computer system saves time, increases productivity and reduces headcount. Cosmic ERP solutions are designed to be used by both discrete as well as process manufacturing companies.
- Reduce inventory: an ERP software helps manufacturing operations run more smoothly and improves visibility of the order fulfilment process within the company. This leads to reduced inventories of raw material (work-in-progress inventory) and helps users to better plan deliveries to customers, reducing the finished good inventory at the warehouses and shipping docks.
- Standardize HR Information – In companies with multiple business units, the HR department may not have a unified, simple method to track employees time and to communicate with them about benefits and services. With Cosmic ERP solution, all the standard and client specific HR issues could be addressed as it could implement any complex/customized procedures and induct multiple business validations.
Cosmic ERP solutions are designed to meet the requirements of SMEs as well as enterprises. We offer the most cost-effective solutions with the quickest ROI in the industry. The cost of our ERP software depends on several variables, such as the number of divisions it would serve, total modules to be installed, number of users and locations, the quantity of integration that would be required with existing systems and data migrations.
The cost of an ERP application could be divided into 4 important segments: a) Product Costs b) Licensing c) Implementation Costs d) Customization costs.
The Total Cost of Ownership depends on the above-mentioned factors.
ROI normally varies from client to client with reference to their business activities and implementation success. However, from the study of the current scenario of our client base, the typical ROI period is twelve to eighteen months.
ERP software implementation is complex, multifaceted undertakings. So, even the best of deployment plans is bound to encounter some unexpected expenses along the way. Following are the most common latent costs associated with ERP implementation and how Cosmic ERP addresses these concerns:
1. Training: Employee training is a costly affair for businesses as employees or users require to spend a lot of time learning how to handle a set of processes using the new software system. Cosmic ERP addresses this concern in a unique way. We include the training cost in the Project Cost, thereby avoiding surprises for our clients. We utilize Business Process Study methodology, which provides a bird’s eye view of the business requirements, licenses, training, customizations and time needed for implementation. Thereby removing training from list of hidden cost list.
2. Integration: ERP testing and integration with a 3rd-party application is not part of the ERP implementation cost. It is always considered an additional expense as there is no standard/generic procedure for integrating a 3rd-party application since the database structure and the ERP software designing is unique for every business. We offer connectors specially designed as per the clients’ needs to link the ERP system with the existing 3rd-party applications and achieve integration between them.
3. Customization: Deploying business-specific features requires customization. This process needs to be accomplished through detailed analysis and dedicated resources. With us, the customization process is handled efficiently by the on-site implementation team, using GUI TOOLS. Our highly experienced technical staff take care of complex customizations without charging exorbitantly high fees.
4. Data conversion: Moving corporate information related to customers, suppliers, product designs and other data from old systems to the new ERP database require financial implications. Cosmic ERP takes this as an additional requirement and the costs incurred are calculated on a case-by-case basis. The cost depends on the number of years’ data to be imported and the volume of information. Our data conversion fee is highly competitive, perhaps the lowest in the industry.
5. Implementation: sometimes a continuous process due to improper ERP requirement planning or lack of built-in utilities in the system or upfront requirement for adding/customizing features. In these instances, clients are charged with additional costs for the extra time consumed to complete the implementation process. Cosmic ERP ensures on-time implementation and prevents burdening the clients with unnecessary expenses. Also, our ERP systems have a built-in-tool, which helps implementation consultants to do real-time customizations after understanding the requirements.
6. Others:You need to ensure that the ERP technology you want to get implemented is scalable and easily supports multiple dealership locations, else it would lead you to spend extra shortly. Also request that on-going maintenance charges, support fees and license expenses do not increase during the initial term of the agreement.
An ideal ERP system has the potential to instill a set of best practices for performing various duties across all the departments of your company, including finance, sales, manufacturing, warehouse and others. But to get the most, you need people inside your company to adopt the work methods outlined in the software. When people from different departments, using ERP system, do not agree that the work methods embedded in the new software are better than the ones they currently use, they tend to resist using the software or would want the IT department to change it to match the ways they currently do things. This is where ERP projects break down. Sometimes, when the vendor is not provided with complete information and they are unable to understand the business process of the client, they fail to replicate the same in the ERP. Missing information from clients related to their business requirements is responsible for the failure. Proper coordination, requirements gathering, scrutiny of requirements by the clients’ top/decision making management team and planning of the projects prevent misunderstandings and failures.
Stage 1 – Proposal: The responsibility of Cosmic ERP starts from the time when our prospective customer is interested in implementing our software and willing to receive a commercial proposal. To achieve this, we conduct a bird’s eye view study of the business requirements and other factors, which would affect the cost of the project. The proposal is then submitted for review with all the indications where the cost might go up due to defined reasons.
Stage 2 – Business Process Study: We conduct a detailed study by interviewing users from different departments indicated by the customers (users interviewed include both decision-makers and non-decision makers). A standard input questionnaire is shared with all users for understanding their requirements. We also collect information related to the reports that these users frequently need to generate and the attributes used for creating them. After interviewing, our consultants collect all the relevant documents, which are used in the process to understand the business operations and requirements of each department. Our team summarizes the collected information and prepares a detailed report that includes documentation flow, authorization flow, requirements by each module, reporting criteria for each department and business rules. This collated document gives an overview of the proposed implementation. Implementation Planning: Once the BPS (Business Process Study) is reviewed and authorized by the ERP steering committee, the implementation schedule is designed. A detailed implementation plan is created, which includes the number of hours and days required to accomplish the whole project bifurcated by each module. Customizations: Upon the approval of BPS, Cosmic ERP would submit a document detailing the necessary customizations specified by the authorized users of the client. A special report including customization requirement and the reason for it would be presented to the client. Once this is accepted, our development team would submit the time frame they need for development, testing/debugging and integrating the ERP. Deliverables Report: Before starting the implementation, Cosmic ERP would submit the deliverables report indicating the things to be delivered to the client to accomplish the project. It includes software applications, licenses, training, customization, integration and data import. Requirements Report: Before starting the implementation, we would also submit the requirements reports indicating the things which are required from the client to accomplish the task. This includes department-wise identification of decision-making users, list of users, payments, IT support, functional support and resources.
Stage 3 – Implementation: •Implementation execution as per schedule •Delivery of customizations as per the plan •Integrations as per plan •Configuration of authorization flow •Stage-wise approvals
Stage 4 – testing •User configuration •Training •Going live
When you sign SLA, Cosmic ERP offers all the software updates free of cost, which can be easily updated. Our clients get complete instructions about the updates and things-to-do online, through email or by electronic format. Apart from releasing updates, we also release new versions of ERP software with advanced functionalities. Our ERP software is available in both earlier and latest version at a differential cost. We assure data compatibility between versions.
Yes. Our ERP solutions are equipped with the multi-location facilities and these systems work on WAN or LAN, or they can be partly on LAN and partly on WAN. Please request for a technical fact sheet to know more about multi-locations and technologies used/required.
CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management. The primary need of a business is to have an application or a system in place to effectively handle the sales processes, manage customer relationships and collect vital data about customers, such as purchase history, revenue generated, upselling/cross selling opportunities and prepare sales quotations or orders. A Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software full fills the above needs and provides a business with a 360-degree view over their sales, marketing and service operations.
A CRM system helps you recognize customers and prospects, understand their preferences, anticipate their needs and respond to their requests quickly and effectively. It enables you to track, organize and consolidate the interactions between your employees and your current and prospective customers.
A CRM software could benefit your business in the following by: • Boosting customer satisfaction. • Increasing customer retention • Reducing marketing costs • Anticipating customer needs and preferences • Increasing operating efficiencies • Improving targeted marketing efforts of customers and prospects • Accelerating customer support Implementing a CRM software at your company would result in improved productivity. With your employees performing with more efficiency, they would be able to reach out to more prospects and close more sales, boosting profitability and reducing operational costs.
The core modules of a CRM software are: • Telemarketing • Campaign Management • Marketing • Sales • Service Desk
A CRM software could benefit a small business by consolidating customer data into a single system. As your business expands, it would become difficult to keep a record of all transactions manually. Through their automated features, CRM tools allow you to manage your customer interactions more efficiently, so you have more time to concentrate on your core service or product.
As the name suggests, on-premise CRM solutions are applications that run on computers installed within the premises of the company. Both the data and servers are stored inside the premises of the company instead of a remote location. This approach was highly popular till 2005. Various agencies still prefer on-premise CRM to ensure data security and control. Since 2005, with the development of web-based tools, data became accessible through the internet and could be more easily displayed on a Web Browser. This paved the way for cloud-based CRM software. Cloud based CRM systems are hosted in the premises of the service provider and are accessed by users via the internet. Users pay for these CRM solutions based on the subscription model. Cloud-based CRM solutions have become popular as they do not require the companies to invest in purchasing and maintaining the IT hardware. Another major advantage is the fact that the subscription cost is just a small fraction of the actual cost of the software. At Cosmic ERP, we provide CRM solutions both on-premise as well as cloud-based systems.
Yes. Cosmic CRM can be integrated with ERP and the information stored in these two systems can be exchanged.
Yes. Cosmic CRM can be integrated with Outlook and all the contacts can be imported from it to CRM and vice versa.
Yes. The Cosmic CRM platform enables you to operate your business on the move and remain connected. With an intuitive interface that is suitable for use on your 3.5-inch mobile phone screen, Cosmic CRM allows you to manage multiple business operations while you are away from the office premises and access the benefits of the new features.
Yes. Cosmic CRM can be accessed from anywhere. Also, Cosmic CRM is a browser-independent, database-independent and platform-independent system. • Browser independent: Can run on all browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Netscape, Opera etc). • Database Independent: Is compatible with most of the common RDBMS like MSSQL, Oracle and MySQL. • Platform Independent: can run on different types of platforms. (Windows, Mac OS, Linux etc.)
Cosmic CRM provides a quick, easy and intuitive user-interface. All attributes are organized logically and linearly. We have invested a lot of time in researching and improving the usability of the product. Also, our technical support is available online for any clarification and training.
Yes. Cosmic CRM is highly customizable. From fields to modules, it can be customized at every level. Cosmic CRM supports customization of fields, page layouts, search layouts, list views, user-level security, reports, label names, etc.
The factors for comparing CRM software majorly depend on what you are looking for. It can depend on the objectives of your company, type of software you prefer, size of the business, built-in features and also the availability of customization. Here is a list of some of the factors of comparison: • Blend / Integration with existing systems and software • Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) • Availability of innovative features • Scalability and security • Customization • Software’s capability of reporting and analytics • Data Quality Control • Import and Export of Data • Mobility of the software: Can be used anywhere Cosmic CRM is one Package with all the above mentioned features.
Yes. Cosmic CRM can be integrated with Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn while allowing you to import contacts from all these social networking sites.